Happy (Inter)National Day of Slayer! This is an auspicious one, because it's the last year of this holiday with Slayer as an active band (at least as far as we know). It sucks to say goodbye, but at least they left years of amazing material to enjoy.
The playlist is huge and full of live rarities, so we aren't going to list it all (sorry, Mario), but you know the songs anyway. If you don't, you've got a lot of catching up to do!
[DOWNLOAD IT HERE]
Also, in lieu of the playlist, please refer to the guidelines of how to celebrate the world's one true heavy metal holiday!
How to Celebrate
- Listen to Slayer at full blast in your car.
- Listen to Slayer at full blast in your home.
- Listen to Slayer at full blast at your place of employment.
- Listen to Slayer at full blast in any public place you prefer.
DO NOT use headphones! The objective of this day is for everyone within earshot to understand that it is the National Day of Slayer. National holidays in America aren't just about celebrating; they're about forcing it upon non-participants.
Taking that participation to a problematic level
- Stage a "Slay-out." Don't go to work. Listen to Slayer.
- Have a huge block party that clogs up a street in your neighborhood. Blast Slayer albums all evening. Get police cruisers and helicopters on the scene. Finish with a full-scale riot.
- Spray paint Slayer logos on churches, synagogues, or cemeteries.
- Play Slayer covers with your own band (since 99% of your riffs are stolen from Slayer anyway).
- Kill the neighbor's dog and blame it on Slayer.
at 10:34 PM